On Saturday I was in a car accident. I was rear ended on the highway. This has reinforced for me many things. In no particular order:
- My car is a tank and I was very glad that I put safety as a main criteria when purchasing it.
- My body is a delicate ecosystem. While my spirit and will power are strong, my body is not – despite doing lots of exercising/strength training.
- Concussions are a big deal and really impact every aspect of your life.
- I have a lot of fantastic people in my life. Starting with my boyfriend who has been fantastic with everything, but also including my family, friends, my Jewish community, and my workplace.
- I am super grateful to have worked hard enough to be in a role where I could work from home as needed, but also that it isn’t a big deal to take the time I need to heal and not have it negatively impact my pay (and thus causing other areas of stress.)
I am sure there is more. I am making a point to tell people thank you as often as I can. I hope to remember these lessons, so that once I heal and the tables are turned that I can give back in service and kindness to those who need it.